hikari massivore vs carnivore?

monstermonkee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
My pbass been on the smaller size carnivore for 3 weeks now and the one that accepted the pellets for the past three weeks exploded in size. The other one just started eating it. I ordered the 13.4 oz of massivore since everybody swears by it. Checked the ingredient list on both and they are identical. So does anyone know if they are the same thing cause i saw on the hikari sub section of this forum and hikari says that carnivore has their special germ?

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
My pbass been on the smaller size carnivore for 3 weeks now and the one that accepted the pellets for the past three weeks exploded in size. The other one just started eating it. I ordered the 13.4 oz of massivore since everybody swears by it. Checked the ingredient list on both and they are identical. So does anyone know if they are the same thing cause i saw on the hikari sub section of this forum and hikari says that carnivore has their special germ?
IMO carnivore is the same as massivore just smaller in size..

monstermonkee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
thanks alot guys just wanted to make sure. How do you guys get your pbass to hit floating sticks? Mine only feeds in mid water and bottom.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Massivore sinks , carn sticks float.

For the money go with jumbo floating sticks.
I second that, the Carinivore Jumbo Floating Stick are great because they float, and the Massivores have to be scooped out, if you don't have a huge bottom feeder to clean up..........

monstermonkee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
I second that, the Carinivore Jumbo Floating Stick are great because they float, and the Massivores have to be scooped out, if you don't have a huge bottom feeder to clean up..........
is it hard though to get them to hit floating pellets? I have a small bag of hikari food stick (assuming its the same as the carnivore stick).

POOLBOY

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
ILLINOIS
my peacock bass stare at me as I'm getting the floating sticks ready to throw in the tank, they hit like, well....bass and 90% of the time some of the sticks come flying back out at me!!

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
is it hard though to get them to hit floating pellets? I have a small bag of hikari food stick (assuming its the same as the carnivore stick).
If they learn to feed on sinking pellets as they grow larger, it can be very hard to get them to eat floating stuff. I always fed my bass Massivore because I had catfish that ate it as well. When I tried to give the bass floating food such as freeze dried krill and floating pellets, they didn't touch them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store