mixing bass

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
A few members here have made me love p bass. i have two small 4 inch occelaris in a 110 gallon growout. My local fish store has a few temensis bass but they are at 2 inches only. Will they be expensive feeders for my larger bass? I really want to make this tank special with a few diff pairs of p bass to grow out. Its my own lil personal dedication tank.

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
A few members here have made me love p bass. i have two small 4 inch occelaris in a 110 gallon growout. My local fish store has a few temensis bass but they are at 2 inches only. Will they be expensive feeders for my larger bass? I really want to make this tank special with a few diff pairs of p bass to grow out. Its my own lil personal dedication tank.
at that size I would say yeah, the tems are going to end up getting eaten. Is there anyway you could set up a side grow out? I would say put a divider, but the 2"ers can probably squeeze through eggcrate.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
I have a 20 long availble but would they get to a uneatable size in time before th e 20 long cramps them?

I dont think un eatable is a word but it serves it purpose

Mr.AzulBass

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2011
Utah
yea i would do what chizzle said and the tems grow the fasted in my opinion so i wont take long if you feel them and do water changes that they can be in the same tank. maybe 2 months max.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
ha done deal. They have like 30 at the lfs. They are really skinny and im pretty sure one or two have ich so they would be q'd in that 20 anyway. If they are eating pellets i will buy a few tom. Thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like they are not being fed very much at that store.Once you get them home and start feeding them they should catch up and be big enough to hang with the others in no time.Tems are the fastest growing cichla that I have kept.

theomega

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
CT
What is the number to that petstore pm me I have been looking for tems

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store