Need help with bulkhead fitting to my tank.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I have these 1 inch bulkheads, but i dont find the 1 inch bends(90 degrees) that you use inside the tank, to level it\surface skimmer. As i live in Norway ebay is a nice place to shop, can anyone help me out? HERE you can see the bend im talking about, that one is for the outside, i want both inside and outside.

I appriciate any help! Best Regards

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I have these 1 inch bulkheads, but i dont find the 1 inch bends(90 degrees) that you use inside the tank, to level it\surface skimmer. As i live in Norway ebay is a nice place to shop, can anyone help me out? HERE you can see the bend im talking about, that one is for the outside, i want both inside and outside.

I appriciate any help! Best Regards
I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for. Are you going to use hoses or PVC? The picture shows a 90 degree elbow with a barb on the end to slip hose over. Is that what you want? Or are you looking for 90 degree elbows only? If you only want a 90 degree elbow, you probably could find them at your hardware store. We have bulkheads for 1" PVC on our 300 gallon tank. Coming out of the bulkhead (outside the tank) is a very short piece of PVC slipped into the bulkhead. The elbow is attached to the other end of the short PVC. Here's a pic of the back of our tank. You can see all the elbows we have.

Here's a really good bulkhead site that shows three different configurations of the bulkhead/strainer
http://www.jehmco.com/html/bulkhead_fittings.html

When purchasing bulkheads, keep in mind that there are at least four types--slip to slip; slip to threaded; threaded to threaded are the most common.

If you need something that bends from the bulkhead, you might consider a loc line system. You would have to downsize to 3/4" or 1/2", as I don't think loc line comes in 1". Here's a pic of some 1/2" loc line returns we will be installing. They thread right into the slip to thread bulkhead. They can be bent any direction. That eBay site you gave sells some loc line.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Here is a very bad drawing, but still i think it says what im looking for, witout barbed thread. Those locline systems are very nice, think im going with some of those on the return from the sump.

Drawing.png

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
gues i could fine them in the hardware store as you say, just have to paint them.. But i thought there was some special once that fitted to bulkheads perfectley.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Do a search for PVC fittings. There are sites that have black PVC fittings. Perhaps there are some in your country.

http://www.pvcfittingsdirect.com/_e/gdept/18/Black_PVC_Fittings_Schedule_40.htm

You would need a short piece of PVC to fit in the bulkhead, then attach an elbow to the other end of the PVC.

slipxfipt elbow, allowing you to thread in a return nozzle or an uptake nozzle or whatever:
View attachment 743062

There are other elbows depending on how you want to configure things. And there are male and female adapters.
http://www.pvcfittingsdirect.com/_e/gdept/18-002/Black_Schedule_40_90_Elbows.htm

There are a few sites that sell black PVC. (I only found one site in the US that had Schedule 40 black PVC, but there were more sites that sold furniture grade colored PVC) If you can't find black PVC, you can paint it black if you don't want white showing. The PVC going in the the bulkhead and the elbow can be very short, so that not much of it would show..it's just a way to connect the elbow to the bulkhead. If the connecting PVC piece is short enough, it would look like the elbow is attached to the bulkhead....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store