New Pbass today, ID would be appreciated!

GobyGuru

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ontario
Hey everyone! I've wanted one of these for a while to grow up and cohab with my Marbled Goby, finally got my hands on one! didn't even care what species at the time lol.

if you guys could ID him for me I'd really appreciate it, Thanks!

another pic:

Paid 10 bucks for him, was that a fair price?

GobyGuru

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ontario
I went out to buy a new filter for the small tank, when I got back the Mono had his eye ball bitten out by the Purple Spotted Goby :l *smashes head against a wall* I was just about to move him out of there too! %^$%T$$#%RT#$Y&%$Y&Y^#$T%$#%R$#R$@#R$@!%$!@%^$&%^&UY%$T^%RQ#@R%$#$T%$T%R@#$R!@#%#$R%$W#%#$

Well... that didn't last long... I'm upset but then again I did see that same Pbass in the store for a while, at that same size... so maybe he was not meant to make it. Or maybe I'm just trying to rationalize losing 10 dollars in about 30 minutes..

My search continues for a Pbass I guess (at least I know my Purple Spotted Goby is 100% vicious now)

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
WOW....That sux dude!! Sorry to hear that.. I thought that was a snake head at first glance.. Now looking back at it I see it's a Goby... Might as well been a sneak head though, bit his eye out...Wow, poor lil ciclha.. I'd catch that goby out and slam it in my 260 for my 13" kels to hammer after that crap..

GobyGuru

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ontario
WOW....That sux dude!! Sorry to hear that.. I thought that was a snake head at first glance.. Now looking back at it I see it's a Goby... Might as well been a sneak head though, bit his eye out...Wow, poor lil ciclha.. I'd catch that goby out and slam it in my 260 for my 13" kels to hammer after that crap..
lol, I know man! I finally find a Pbass and he gets his eye torn out in under an hour! un-fricken-believable.

But, that's my luck haha! I would toss the Purple Spotted Goby (that's like 2 inches long) to my 12 inch Marbled Goby if I didn't like him so much xD

Now it's kind of a love-hate relationship.. like "yeah you are a vicious little beast but you killed my Pbass you POS" LOL

Well, lesson learnt: Next time I get a Pbass, do not put it with anything else when it's small, not even for 30 minutes. That way I wont have to go through this BS again lol

Boogiemn1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
LAWRENCE, MA
Just in case for future reference keep the bass in a seperate tank. I wouldn't put a goby in any peacock bass tank. Gobys are biters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store