building my first plywood tank need help

flowtation

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
erie pa
hello i am trying to build my new arowana a tank to have him in for life i was trying to build a 8ft by 3ft wide by 2ft tall i need help on what i need to get as far as supplies and what i have to do for building this tank i already did some reseach but i wont to be 100% sure that i do it properly i also wonted to know if blue max is a good liquid rubber to use and if its safe and any info that any one can provide me with would be much appresiated thank you in advance =)

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Ames Research will not guarantee Blue Max to be fish safe.

I used Permadri Rubber Coat on my build and am currently fighting leak issues.

VLDesign and JohnG who have built tanks with my stacked dimensional lumber design have both experienced great success with Max ACR epoxy resin. I'm about to use Max ACR over my existing coating to finish my tank. JohnG's second build http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...15713-7-x12-1400-Gallon-Plywood-Stingray-Pond is the cleanest build I've seen. I'd suggest you look all both of their builds and mine and ask a lot of questions before cutting the first board.

Liquid rubber coatings are great, but I think they must have a flawless underlying structure to work effectively.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store