Breeding Tems

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
I am really interested to know if anyone has bred Temensis before?

I have 3 beautiful Tems that I have vented and would like to breed them but can not find any info.

I have bred Monos but want to know if it has been done with Temensis.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
I think it is interresting that no one on here has breed them or knows of them being bred for sure.

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
If you ever do get them to breed, make sure you can document it and share it with the rest of us... =)

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
That's the plan I will deliberately try to breed them but I am interested to know if it has been done before.
Plenty of bass keepers have big tanks but I have never seen or heard of Tems being bred.

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
You can be the FIRST!!! lol

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
I do at least know Tems aren't sexually mature until their three years of age. Than I would have to imagine you would need a huge tank / pond for them to spawn in. Couple of things you could do to help the process along is make sure the Temp is high at around 86 to 88 degrees and simulate a "rainy season" effect.. Like if your tems are in a pond, run a sprinkler close by that will rain down on your pond for a part of the day.

RuckusLV

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 16, 2005
BuckTown
Yes it has been done. I used to have an article on it about 6 years ago. It was done in europe and I believe in asia. They do take several years to sexually mature and you must have a massive space for them to feel comfortable... Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store