Azul and Armatus

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
It's been done before....The outcome all depends on the fish...they are all different. Is it worth losing one to you? The bass will either kill the armatus...or the armatus will shank the bass. If your lucky they will be fine. What else is in the tank and how big is it?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Space might be key.An armatus of that size must be pretty boisterous as mine is a little smaller and seems to be Hell bent on taking out my 8inch kelberi....They are in a 180 though.In a bigger tank things might be different.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Dude do it you won't have to feed the Armatus for days. Lol! J/K As others said it's a toss up unfortunately. Arm's can be pretty unpredictable, heck any fish can especially when they're being moved to a new tank with different tankmates. It's not worth the risk though as an Arm can kill most fish with just one strike, and in my experience they aren't fin nippers but go straight at the body and can puncture a swim bladder or other vital organ with those teeth and an Azul is too cool to be a feeder or floating tank ornament.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store