You guys are going to run me broke!!!

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I have always had the attitude that I would never pay more than $30 for a fish and so far I have stayed true to that but with all these pics you guys show of these awesome kel's, xingu's and azuls have me putting money aside to break my $30 rule which my wife REALLY dislikes.

So far I have had pretty good luck with raising the always fragile pbass young that I have so far(orino and occell) but it will be nerve wreaking once I pay $100 to $200 a fish.

I guess a good way to look at it is that I easily paid $4000 on my set up building a wall around the tank and the custom filtration and all that jazz, so what is another couple of hundred bucks.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get this out my system.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
Maybe you should raise the bar and set the price at $250.00 average and fair market price for all W/C Kelberi or better.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I understand. There's other things in life. My limit was $100 for the longest time, years in fact. Then the AUL craze hit and I broke the seal for $700 including shipping. Well $600 + $90 shipping, so not quite $700............

No regrets. I'm super happy with the fish.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
My wife saw the extent of my fish spending when I sold a huge chunk of my collections, at big discounts, and made over $40K in sales. I employed the excuse that most of the specimens were the result of breeding projects but, I just got 'the look' from that explanation.

looks could kill.jpg

looks could kill.jpg

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
rare fish cartel

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
quite smoking, that kills you, and others., and not only the cost of cigarettes, but the associated healthcare related costs, health insurance, etc...
if you quite, you'd have hundreds of thousands available to spend on fish over the years

and also, most wife's should only know the price of the fish based on a Peso conversion. So if its $100.00, its about $9.00 usd. just like that.

If I wasn't so honest with my wife I could easily secretly put money aside and get the fish but like I said I am to honest for that.

If I wad to quit smoking I could come up with this money easily too

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
You could Stop smoking for sure but giving blood is another way to get some more fish.

My wife used to count the fish until she found out I was breeding them and keeping one or two from each batch. SHE stopped counting that day.:)

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
I have always had the attitude that I would never pay more than $30 for a fish and so far I have stayed true to that but with all these pics you guys show of these awesome kel's, xingu's and azuls have me putting money aside to break my $30 rule which my wife REALLY dislikes.

So far I have had pretty good luck with raising the always fragile pbass young that I have so far(orino and occell) but it will be nerve wreaking once I pay $100 to $200 a fish.

I guess a good way to look at it is that I easily paid $4000 on my set up building a wall around the tank and the custom filtration and all that jazz, so what is another couple of hundred bucks.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get this out my system.
LOL!!! Well you have a good name you have will be at some point :ROFL::naughty:;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store