Venom

Russy Pelican

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Asheville, NC
Stonefishes of the family Synceiidae are usually believed to have the most venomous stings, although several soles and others are more "venomous," but they would have to be injested. The stonefishes of the genus Synanceia have the largest venom glands, and are sedentary, rather "ugly" fish by any standards, are hard to find in the aquarium, and have to be fed either live food, or morsels dangled on foreceps. Lionfishes are plenty venomous, and are nice to look at. I'd go with those.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Russy Pelican;589853; said:
Stonefishes of the family Synceiidae are usually believed to have the most venomous stings, although several soles and others are more "venomous," but they would have to be injested. The stonefishes of the genus Synanceia have the largest venom glands, and are sedentary, rather "ugly" fish by any standards, are hard to find in the aquarium, and have to be fed either live food, or morsels dangled on foreceps. Lionfishes are plenty venomous, and are nice to look at. I'd go with those.

Venomous, I was checking out this fish...isn't it also called the Stonefish? Or is that a different species? Being venomous, that wouldn't make a good tankmate at all would it?

Funny avatar by the way.:D

Russy Pelican

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Asheville, NC
A stone fish isn't a threat to anything it can't swallow... unless another fish might get unlucky enough to brush up against it. I had an acquaintence with one, and it was (in my humble opinion) about the most worthless aquarium inhabitant ever! Not only was it ugly, among the rocks, it was near-impossible to even find. And had to be fed rosies on forceps, and was dangerously venomous. I wouldn't take one if given to me for free, but to each his own...:)

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
id say that the ratfish, may b the most vemeous fish on the planet.......

its dorsal spine is considered highly venemous, to the point that the AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC in longbeach CA clipped theyre entire stock's fins.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
I had a stone fish. He was pretty cool, but he got beat up by the puffers. They are really shy but mine was eating frozen feeders within a week of getting him. I really with he didn't die, but I might get another one sometime.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store