strange discoloration

onetouch2many

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
London
so i bought a couple 6" Pbass almost a week ago. Since I've gotten them, I noticed that the had a strange discoloration on the tops of their heads and sides of their body. it almost looks like a film. its not fluffy or anything though. they are acting normally. eating, swimming and so on.

parameters are good. Doing an extra water change now to see if that helps.

Tank mates are;

1 RTC
1 Silver Aro
1 Giant Gourami
1 Clown Knife
1 Motoro

any suggestions or ideas?

just a little concern. Dont wanna lose these guys unexpectedly.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
more info about the tank...
whats the temp?
how big is the tank?
whats your filtration?
how often do you do water changes?
WHat do you feed?
WHat are the tank mates sizes?

TimTheBadass

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2007
Wales, UK
I'd guess it's a water quality issue. That is a heavily stocked 150G. Have you measured the water parameters?
My advice would be to do two 50% water changes a week. Also are you using a de-chlorinator like Seachem Prime? You need to!!
Also you could swap that 305 for another fx5 for some extra flow and bio filtration. Have both filters filled with ceramic media too.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I'd guess it's a water quality issue. That is a heavily stocked 150G. Have you measured the water parameters?
My advice would be to do two 50% water changes a week. Also are you using a de-chlorinator like Seachem Prime? You need to!!
Also you could swap that 305 for another fx5 for some extra flow and bio filtration. Have both filters filled with ceramic media too.
x2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store