having pBass with a school of rasboras or tetras

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Has anybody tried a few pBass with a school of rasboras or tetras or similar schooling fish?
I know most will say they'll end up as food. But if pBass is completely off live food and kept well fed, plus may be enough plants/driftwood as hiding places, there might be a chance?

Don't like to add fish like silver dollers or tinfoil barb. They are too big and take the attention away from pBass. Please give me your ideas/experience. I am planning to try this out in the near future.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
A fish will most likely do what comes natural to it, so I wouldnt recommend keeping smaller tank mates unless intended as food.

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
a good diet will keep them at bay for a time, but those schooling fish are just too small. sooner or later, even with being well fed, they wont be able to resist a live snack. Pellet training is not going to take away their natural taste for fish. I would say to try larger species, maybe giant danios or other quick fish. Keeping in mind, im sure you know how fast pbass are, not too many things can get away once they are determined

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store