peacock bass fighting

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
any one ever have their p bass fighting other p bass i am taking care of a friends p bass and i added him to my 150 with my two similar sized p bass and the new one is fighting the other ones and one of the original ones fight back and they lock lips i separated them but does anyone else have this problem? can someone help me out here

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
my two p bass are fighting a lil right now. I have 3 growing up so i can add them to spread out the hatred

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
my two p bass are fighting a lil right now. I have 3 growing up so i can add them to spread out the hatred
damn it sucks they were all with each other in the beginning then all of a sudden he started attacking them if it doesnt work i guess ill have to give my friends p bass back hopefully it eventually works out

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
try moving around everything in the tank, kinda like a reset

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
try moving around everything in the tank, kinda like a reset
yeah i just had an ick scare and took everything out and treated it and put it in differently and now the other peacock bass which i only got 2 days ago look like they have ick from the store because non of my other fish have anything so i needed to move them anyways to treat them so im probably going to have to take everything out of the big tank again just to make sure :irked:anyone else ever feel really stressed out sometimes in fish keeping? this is the first time ive felt like this i hate getting sick fish from stores almost every place around here sells sick fish im just thankful that non of my other fish have it ive been watching them like a hawk to make sure that would suck if ick broke out in my 150 but im gunna get treatment for the p bass tomorrow and hopefully i get that and then ill put them back in the big tank and i hope they dont fight thanks for the advice man

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
My cichla do this every 2 weeks like clockwork for the past 2 years. I think you have a M/F in the mix. IT's NORMAL even if you seperate them when they get back together showing off for the female will resume.

Or it could just be them setting the order of Rank with the addition of a new Cichla to the tank.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
It's normal, but theres always a winner and a loser, an that could be a dead bass.....Good luck.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
haha yeah my winner is about 10 percent larger and eats a few more pellets at feeding time.

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
okay thanks guys my friend took back his which was the aggressive one because he attacked my arowana and the other two are in a hospital tank right now so yeah ill let you know how it goes once they get back into the big tank

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
My two Kels have just recently started going at it lately as well.. Which is weird because they grew up together (from 1") One was always a lil bigger and more aggressive over the other, so I figured one was a male and the other must be a female because of this, but they always got along until now it appears.. I'm starting to wounder if their both males now and their trying to figure out who's #1.... Their both about 13" now.

P1050076.JPG

P1050076.JPG

Reactions: 180PeacockBass
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store