pBass with other CA/SA chichlids

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Is it possible to have Texas Cichlids & Jaguar Chichlids with pBass?

I guess dovii cichlids is out of the question, right?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
All depends on specific fish, and tanK size/layout. Most bass I've had are aggressive eaters, but not huge fighters, keep in mind they are all cichlids, so keep a close eye.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Could end up being a UFC match, but at the end of the day, even peacock bass could end up not liking each other.........Go for it.

sazhar

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Yorkville, IL
I have 4 8"-10" orinos housed with a 5" texas, 6" chocolate, and 7" red severum. There is also a 17" Marmaorata pike and 12" tig. And they all live happily in my 240 gallon. All depends on the fish and the tank size.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Dovii and Parachromis in general might be a step up in the aggression, I would not do it. But like the above said, chocolates and other large cichlids of lesser aggression are a good bet.

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
If you decide to do it I would recommend you have the cichla bigger than the parachromis from the beginning. The parachromis are much more aggressive. But you probably should not get your hopes up for it to work out perfectly. I know I have tried. I have a 6 inch synspilum with my 10-13 inch bass. The synspilum was running the tank by the end of the first week of having him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store