Best deal on Kelberi ?

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
I did over a month ago, i sold a 10 inch WC Golden Bahia Kelberi for $175....Sorry for the tease....Good luck on your search.

Cichla.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2011
brazil
Lol Kelberi are so expensive now.. I remember back in the day I use to get the 2" wild caught ones from rapps for $35 each now 2" captive breed ones are $80 so crazy

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
Starting price for 2'' for the so called QUALITY is $250.00 and always should be the base price anything below this is a deal at any size QUALITY Cichla under 8''. Trust me all Cichla that we get here are the left overs from the real shippments that were aquired from Asia and Europe or soon to be sent out of the USA for some real money to be had. They pay top dollar to get it and they get what they want. SO in essence you get what you pay for. OP good luck on finding a good deal there out there just gotta keep looking and hope your dealing with a person with knowledge and respect for the Cichla.

darboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2006
Philippines
Just a perspective here in the philippines captive bred golden bahias are being sold here for about 100usd. That was last year and the price now has gone down and i can get some at 60 to 75usd. Maybe the ones sold here didnt have to travel far anymore and are acquired from taiwanese or singaporean breeders. Orinos and kelbs come relatively cheap here now but brokos, piquitis and xingus are a different story. Just some info. :D
( with the price of kelbs on the higher side in the US or other parts of the world, does this mean that we get low quality kelbs here? Hmmmm hope not!)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
darboy id imagine you guys have quite a few pairs of kelberi's being captive bred in your area. Therefore, they dont have to be shipped all over the place..like you stated earlier. Im not aware of any kelberi's being captive bred in the US. But we do have a few pairs of xingu's :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store