Banana eater?

Boogiemn1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
LAWRENCE, MA
So, I picked up an frt(fly river turtle), part of his diet is bananas. I sliced up a piece and noticed that my wc kelberi has been eating them. Wtf. Lol. I've had a hell of a time getting fish off of live, or even to eat nls instead of massivore and here comes this s.o.b. Downing bananas. Ill make a better vid tomorrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3yp_lTrMLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

snowhnter

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2009
West Virginia, USA
Where did yo get the FRT? I've been looking for one for a while now. I thought and was told that they were illegal because of their status on the endangered species list. Supposed to be illegal to buy, sell, or own and all the ones that were previously owed were to be turned over to capitve breeding facilties. Am I misinformed?

Boogiemn1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
LAWRENCE, MA
Bananas are not good for fish. Too much sugar content will lead to problems down the road.
No worries, I'm not planning on incorporating into his diet. I just never heard or seen anything like it, so thought id shared

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
that is pretty darn hilarious though. wonder if he'd eat NLS with banana flavor/extract? a tiny bit of clear stevia extract sweetens w/no sugar. (@health food stores only)
sounds horrible, but your fish is weird. haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store