Pbass and NLS

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Hey Guys.

I'm having a problem with my pbass not taking the NLS I bought. It is the mega formula which is the same size as the massivore they used to take. Its been 2 weeks already and they take in the pellet but spit it back out. Any of you who feed NLS have suggestions for me? Thanks

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
I have the same size nls pellets and had the same problem. And the answer I found is that your pellets are too big for your bass. The pellets are too hard for the bass and nls is supposed to be swallowed whole not chewed unlike massivoure. I switched back to the 6mm pellets and they went right back to happily taking the pellets. My 16 inch kelberi is the only fish that will take the bigger pellets and eat them

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Hmm that would make sense but the thing is I had the 6mm and I had to return it because the pbass wouldn't eat that either. I thought maybe it was too small so they spit it out and now the mega doesn't work either

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
It can take a good amount of time to switch them over. Try mixing the two together and then slowly decreasing the portion of Massivore in the mix.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
The main issue I think you're experiencing is the density of NLS vs Massivore. NLS is dense because it retains nutrients better/longer, but some fish, especially those that have eaten softer pellets or other food, can have a hard time adjusting to it. I'd just keep at it, I've rarely seen a healthy fish turn down food after time. Those 10mm pellets are very very dense so make sure they're size appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
its because there is no science behind NLS. its just a big turd pellet. throw them away and be glad you didnt feed them to your bass....

docturtle91b

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2011
leland nc swampsylvania
I'm on my first trial run with NLS. I know its supposed to be great stuff but the funny thing is most of my fish (midas, jd, cat, gouramis, etc) seem to hate the stuff with a passion. Even the turtles seem to prefer other foods.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I'm on my first trial run with NLS. I know its supposed to be great stuff but the funny thing is most of my fish (midas, jd, cat, gouramis, etc) seem to hate the stuff with a passion. Even the turtles seem to prefer other foods.
Funny, my tanks turn into a complete feeding frenzy with water splashing on the lids.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
my fish wouldnt eat it either...got the big 2.2# tub and tossed it in the trash...but kept the tub to store their massivore :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store