90G CA/SA build... Overflow box?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Hi all.....

i am starting a small build, i have some queries i need to resolve....

firstly the tank footprint is 48"X18"X24" with a 10G sump(would i need a bigger sump?)... so the volume would be on the 90G mark... i cant get acrylic overflows ova here so i thought would make my own glass overflow box like i found in the glasscages site...
my Q is... what width i need to have my box at?
how many bulkhead holes i need at the bottom.. one of 1" or two holes of 1" and 3/4"?

i will be using 8mm glass for the build... so would the 8mm glass be enuf for the O box?

the pump i am goin to fit is a 360GPH.... need expert comments and advice... thank you....

overflow_fig1.jpg

overflow_fig1.jpg

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Is it just a standard glass 90? If you could get a hob overflow or a diy pvc overflow
yup std 90... and i havent started the build yet... infact yet to order the glass, b4 i do thought i wud ask ma fellow MFK'rs whts the best i can do.... i have never worked with overflow boxes thus want this to have an O box just like the pic i posted... so i get some experience on doin it small scale before i start my 450 build.... so worked out on this if i have a glass box of 8"X4"X23".... wil have a powerhead in there as well just to collect the detritus and will make a DIY OTH filter....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store