Will my 719gallon hold up??

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
a 8x6x2 = 719 gallons right? it will be 3ft but only 2ft of it will be filled. Hope my math is right. ANYWAY here is how i want to build it. pond1.png(this is the outside) this is how i want the walls to hold up with the metal clamps drilled with decking nails. pond2.png (inside) this is how i want to connect the 8' and 6' with corner metal clamps. Ill post pics of the wood right now. So tell me if it will hold? I hope i used enough metal to keep this thing sturdy and tight.

pond1.png

pond2.png

Bighurt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2009
North Dakota
I think your in for disappointment. From the looks of your pictures it appears you are stacking lumber which IMO isn't a very efficient design. However you appear to be stacking the boards aligning the board facing out,IE joining board edge to edge. This is by far the weakest alignment of the board possible. As for the metal clamps, I can't even guess what you are trying to do, the images don't tell your story well.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
****. okay so what can I do to make this stable? I have 12 6' and 8' wood. Lets just throw my idea out then.

Sent from my LG-P925 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Dont give up yet man, i think ur idea has promise.

Just join the running boards in a more effecient manner, since its wood bearing the implemented steal is somewhat useless. A glass tank has the sides holding the length and stress of the tank so id imagine if u follow this method it mite be succesful.

The point is u have the motivation and the material, now just search diy tank builds and ull have a huge badass tank and we will all drool, keep at it man

GL

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Dont give up yet man, i think ur idea has promise.

Just join the running boards in a more effecient manner, since its wood bearing the implemented steal is somewhat useless. A glass tank has the sides holding the length and stress of the tank so id imagine if u follow this method it mite be succesful.

The point is u have the motivation and the material, now just search diy tank builds and ull have a huge badass tank and we will all drool, keep at it man

GL
any pointers on this? On how to arrenge to wood. I'm gna check out some threads right now. I have a lot experience with ponds but this my first time trying to build a frame for it instead of a hole.

What are you building? A frame for a pond liner or a wooden tank?
A frame for a pond liner. I'm guessing you have some tricks up your sleeve? not a tank I think that a bit out of my league for now.

Sent from my LG-P925 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sross

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
Ohio
You might consider attaching your deck boards to a 2x4 frame. The cracks between each deck board will be a week point for water to leak through too. I would cover the boards with something. Maybe fiber glass or plywood. Sense you already have the deck boards the plywood wouldn't need to be very thick.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
You might consider attaching your deck boards to a 2x4 frame. The cracks between each deck board will be a week point for water to leak through too. I would cover the boards with something. Maybe fiber glass or plywood. Sense you already have the deck boards the plywood wouldn't need to be very thick.
I kind of like the idea of the plywood. So can I still stack it how I wanted to and then just drill a plywood sheet on to each side to hold it better? But then how do I connect the sides together? With corner metal clamps?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store