Looking for venting experts

joshs801

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
utah
So i have a "pair" of bahia's and was just curious by these pictures if anyone can help me confirm that they are indeed male and female i have two people local who say yes and one of them have vented them

Male bahia i think

Female bahia i think

And here is a "female azul"

If i need to get better pics i think i can in a few days stressed out the tank pretty good getting these out, may have bruised the female azul in the process.

ALL HELP IS NICE AND APPRECIATED.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I would just leave em in the tank and vent em that way....waaay too stressful netting and pulling them out just for pics/venting. YOur crazy!

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
You have male and female but there both different sp. Do you have mates for both or are you holding on to hope they will cross breed?

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
No Male Azul pics? good job on the photos man, although I couldn't get a good look at the "female Bahia's" anal fin.. Apparently you can sometimes tell male and female from the shape of it. A male has more of a point and female has a more rounded anal fin.. So a close up side pic of each would be helpful in seeing if there is a noticeable difference in the shape. Your "Male" Bahia is defiantly a male via the photos, I can really see the point in the anal fin plus your vent shot shows a o > which says Male to me… Your "female" Bahia.. I couldn’t see a side shot of the anal fin and the vent shot is a little far away to really tell for sure. But from what I can see in the vent shot of this fish appears to be a o O which’s says female. But to be sure you could take a side shot of the anal fin and a closer vent shot. I'll be doing this with my "Pair" of Bahia's this weekend.. I’ll also take pics and post as you have to get other opinions outside of my own.

oscarfishguy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
USA
I guess we know what your 210 special project is going to be... Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress.

joshs801

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
utah
I would just leave em in the tank and vent em that way....waaay too stressful netting and pulling them out just for pics/venting. YOur crazy!
Lol i pull my bass out quite a bit idk i like to record growth and really trying to get this venting thing down
any and all help would be awesome to get these guys breeding i have 3 projects going and only have room for 1 at a time so the faster i get this down the faster our community gets f1's and here is the following

pairs
This pair is acctually in the 350 gallon and showing strong signs and the seller claims they had spawned for him and he is a reputable seller
wc azuls "Rio Araguaia"

these are in the community tanks
kelberi bahia 1/1

and a hopefull project is the female bahia and the male sao kelberi that used to be scats (mark linton)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Good luck breeding. WOuld love to see f1 kels and azuls. I need another tank so i can do the same w/ my azuls :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store