my new peacock bass stopped eating need advice

hookset718

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2012
new jersey
hi I am new to peacock bass.. just picked up 3 2" bass from a local pet store. they all looked pretty skinny when i first bought them. withing 24 hours the first one died. got a refund. got the other two eating rosy reds and looked to be doing well. all of the sudden one of them stopped eating. they are both in a 29 gallon for now i have a 55 set up for when they grow a lil bigger and then a 150 after that. i have had the tanks for the past ten years. all established.... kepted african cichlids. changed water and made softer with lower ph for the bass. any ideas? i am worried another might die!!! only got them on the 17th.

BigUmbeeFan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2009
nj
hi I am new to peacock bass.. just picked up 3 2" bass from a local pet store. they all looked pretty skinny when i first bought them. withing 24 hours the first one died. got a refund. got the other two eating rosy reds and looked to be doing well. all of the sudden one of them stopped eating. they are both in a 29 gallon for now i have a 55 set up for when they grow a lil bigger and then a 150 after that. i have had the tanks for the past ten years. all established.... kepted african cichlids. changed water and made softer with lower ph for the bass. any ideas? i am worried another might die!!! only got them on the 17th.
What store did you get them from ?

Keep temp at 86 and ph 6.5 - 7.0

digidat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2011
Madison
i honestly dont think pH has a big factor, my pH is 8.0+ but I honestly do believe high temps 86+F will keep them happy, i have mine set at 88 but will lower them as they grow and they're all doing great, no losses yet from my batch of 10 and have had them for few weeks now

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
i have solved all of my pbass problems by keeping the temps above 85F. I never gave much respect for minor temp differences, but I saw two completely different fish when my pbass were kept at 85 instead of just 80.

Megabass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Brantford,ontario,canada
I just went through the same deal,bought 8 and lost them all,they wouldnt eat,it was suggested that they hadnt been dewormed,not sure if it was the case but my #'s were normal and my temp good,wasnt ich ect,they basically starved

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store