Quick answer please!!!

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I found a pet store that has a couple of kels but they do not seem to be the prettiest due to them being in too small of a tank at the pet store(I hope).
should I assume that they will pretty up if I buy them and put them in my 560gal or should I wait and get them online from a MFK vendor?
It is a pet store that is reputable and knows there stuff I just wanted you guys opinion before I buy.

I would appreciate a quick answer before my wife gets home and realizes that I am spending that kind of money on a fish!!!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Some kelberi don't show much at that size and some show some real potential..My guess is that they will pretty up at least a little once they settle in in a new home and being a kelbaholic,I'd take a chance on one.

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
Whats funny is that I just got off the phone with the pet store and they are down to one and they have a couple of people that are showing interest in the last kel.
I also just started a waterchange that takes a couple of hours andthe pet store is a 45 minute drive.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It will probably be sold before you can get back out there then.Good price for the size,no store around here even brings them in.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good for you and glad you were able to get the kel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store