Liquid Rubber on Epoxy? (impermax)

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
In my tank build there is most likely a little crack in the epoxy from movement in the wood when the preasure comes to a sertan point. I have read a little about this product named Impermax, its a liquid rubber product that says to be 400% elastic, and i fell in love with that.. How is it exactley to put LR on Epoxy? Is it a good idea? Any with experience that could give me a littlebit info on this would be greatly appriciated.

Info on the product: http://www.koi.no/utstyr/Impermax.pdf

Best Regards Tor Erik

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
It depends why your tank is leaking. If it's leaking because the seams in the OSB are flexing, then LR is unlikely to help. Also, once you put LR over the epoxy you can't really go back and do more epoxy if you have a brain wave as to why or where it's leaking.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Hi there Tor,
I think what you need to do is to look at adding extra support beams under your tank with special attention to the areas where your OSB seams are.
As pointed out by Greenterra (Brent) this is most probably an area of concern and a possible flaw in your design. However I think it can be fixed quite easily.
I would look at adding the extra support and sandback the bottom, try adding more fiberglass and expoy before adding a new product.
GL with what ever you do decide but there is no real quick fix if you have a flaw in the design.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I have added extra support, there is now 17cm c-c on the 2\4`s where the seams are. Thanks for the respons, il do another coating with fiberglass and epoxy first. The LR had 400% flexing btw, if there is minimovement being my problem, that 400% flexing should def help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store