How long can a Pbass go without eating?

ksmith088

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know a lot of you have helped me with my pbass in the past and really appreciate it! He/she is roughly 16 inches now at 18 months old. I think I can confidently call “Diesel” a girl due to a hump nonexistent. Around 5 months ago, she was treated for bacterial and viral diseases through external medicines because she wouldn’t eat anything. After showing no improvement, I decided to force feed her which was something I never wanted to do. I crushed up massivore pellets and added water, vitamins, and medicine and fed here with a syringe. Surprisingly, it worked awesome and all food was held down by her. This way I was able to get antibiotics in her and kill any parasite or infection she may have had. Feces were normal and digestive system seemed fine. After seeing no improvement after 4 weeks, I have decided to let her live her life until she either starts eating again or die of starvation. She was your typical aggressive peacock bass growing up, eating anything that she could fit in her mouth. She developed a little head and lateral line erosion from high nitrates but has been fixed and cleared up. Ever since this occurred, she has never been the same. She will show aggression to my other pbass but that is it. She still hasn’t eaten since I have force fed her, which has been at least 2 months. My only question is how long can I expect her to live without eating? I am starting to think it’s something to do with breeding? I am clueless and thought this would be an interesting topic for all pbass keepers. This picture is up to date and she looks healthy. Don’t know how she is still active and swimming around in the tank.
3729342631105.jpg

3729342631105.jpg

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Maybe try and feed her live..? Or isolate her into her own tank. She is a stunning occel and thats harsh to watch her health dwindle like that.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Wow i thought 3 weeks without eating was long....I wish her good health.

ksmith088

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yeah I know it is very hard to watch her not eat. I have tried feeding her live but she shows no interest. The only time I actually saw her eat was when she was in her own tank about 4 months ago, and ate a handful of guppies over a week period. Nothing after that. Hopefully things turn around.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
put her in her own tank and fatten her up pointless just leaving her in that tank..

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ksmith088

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would but I had to sell my 90 gallon because it was taking up so much space. I have a 55 gallon but it houses a group of sunfish and 2 oscars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store