my first and not last 250 gal indoor pond.

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
hey guys well after a long debate and lots of time drawing i finally decided its time to build tank. it's going to be in my basement its 5'x3'x2' and it going to be approx. 250 gallons. i wanted to add a viewing window but not on this one.i plan on putting panel board on the outside and 1/2 ply on the inside and building a support structure for the floor. i just started 2 days ago on my free time before and after work. i want to buy a pond liner and line the inside of the box. pond2.jpgpond1.jpgpond3d.jpgpondprint.jpg

pond2.jpg

pond1.jpg

pond3d.jpg

pondprint.jpg

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
Thanks I still have alot of work to do to the frame. I want to stagger all the joints so It has extra support. I also want to have all the plumbing done in the walls so I'm going to have to build some sort of sub wall around the main frame so I can insulate the plumbing. This is going to be holding my 4 peacock bass and possibly my 2 dempseys. Hopefully I can have it done with in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
Figured out the cost to build it yet??? For windowless ponds I would go with poly stock tanks I got a 300' gallon 8'x3.5'x2' give or take an 1" for $185 I was gonna build one but then looked at cost and poly was way cheaper.... I do like the look of your type of pond better than poly though, poly's not that ugly just very industrial looking not as nice

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
Well as of right now I'm at about 25 into it but when in done I figure I'll be looking at somewhere close to 130. I looked into them but I just don't like they way they look plus I would much rather build my own. I also have a few friends that told me if they liked the way it came out they would pay me to build one for them. I want this to be able to look good and of possible be put upstairs in my family room and lay a sheet of glass over it. And possible use it as table

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
That my plan I just don't know what I should use for insulation. I was thinking r30 wall insulation but I'm not sure how will handle the moisture. Even though it's going to be lined with pond liner I know the humidity may effect it causing mold or mildew. You guys have any ideas?

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
Well I built the floor and installed it. I can't wait to finish this thing! Here are the updated pics!

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1330651421.092163.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1330651432.722656.jpg

aiezzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
nj
Today I got bored and since I'm getting a 10 and 20 long for free I decided to build a stand for them.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1330724752.324597.jpg

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Pond build looks to be shaping up nicely but...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store