So I vented all my 9"+ Cichla's Over the weekend

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
Turns out I have a serious sausage fest going on...All my 9"-12"turned out being Males except 3 with no same species "pairs"... The only three females were my two Azul's (which sux...Cus I was hoping for a Azul pair) and one 7" Orino... Meaning all my Kels, Monos, broko & Tem over 9"-12" are all males.. As many of you Cichla keepers, I also have hopes of getting lucky in the breeding game one day but kinda need one of each sex to even have a shot... Even if they didn't pair, I would still be happy with at least having examples of both sexes of a species for my collection... Bummer deal for sure..

Anyway, I will be looking to trade or sell both one of my 11.5" Male Kelberi Bahia's (link below) and one of my smoke'n hot Female Azuls (seen in my aviator). I haven't posted a thread yet for the Azul but will, it will be very similar to the details associated in the Kelberi Bahia thread below. PM if your interested.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?463742-**11-5-quot-Male-Kelberi-Bahia**-Trade-for-Female-or-Sale**&highlight=

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Ouch, and if you want to get rid of any, i'll take one or two off your hands:)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
1)stop posting in yellow..its a pain to read.

2) keep the 2 female azuls and get a third and hope for a male. You are better off having extra females. ANd just because you have a male and a female doesnt mean they will pair up. Therefore, you have a better chance if you have a mix.

I have 2 large male orino's......but i dont wanna sell one. What if the girl doesnt like they guy i keep? THen the 3 years i spent raising em were wasted......IF breeding was my purpose. But in my eye those orino's are my baby's. Had since about 1.5". They're stayn w/ me :)

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
1)stop posting in yellow..its a pain to read.

2) keep the 2 female azuls and get a third and hope for a male. You are better off having extra females. ANd just because you have a male and a female doesnt mean they will pair up. Therefore, you have a better chance if you have a mix.

I have 2 large male orino's......but i dont wanna sell one. What if the girl doesnt like they guy i keep? THen the 3 years i spent raising em were wasted......IF breeding was my purpose. But in my eye those orino's are my baby's. Had since about 1.5". They're stayn w/ me :)

Good advice, & I understand what your saying but I have 36 cichla and reaching my limit on space and looking to thin out the batch a bit and only get what I need for now i.e. female kel & male Azul. And for me it's more about the collection than it is the breeding, if they breed its a sweet bonus but I'm more after owning both sex examples of each species then anything, follow? I'll be adding a 1500gal pool this summer to my basement for my monster cats and that should open more room up i.e. another (2) 300gal tanks 600gals total to use for cichla. But kind of limited until this happens and fully cycles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store