Some cichla sp. Xingu problems

ROSTY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2008
Taiwan
I read the cichla ID thread above and I think my fish is Xingu I right?
Can any experts tell me which of the follows is correct?
cichla sp. Xingu I = cichla melaniae
cichla sp. Xingu II,III = cichla Mirianae
cichla fogo = cichla Mirianae collected from São Benedito

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
I read the cichla ID thread above and I think my fish is Xingu I right?
Can any experts tell me which of the follows is correct?
cichla sp. Xingu I = cichla melaniae
cichla sp. Xingu II,III = cichla Mirianae
cichla fogo = cichla Mirianae collected from São Benedito
Very nice!!! Where did you purchase this guy from?

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
fogo = marianae, which nobody has

all the xingus from around the US all came from Michael in Germany, wild or F1., and distributed by myself and one other individual, and including the ones you see in Taiwan, and Phillipines. Which means they are all melaniae. xingu I,II,III is just some assignment people gave to the same fish, but various stages of the same fish which looks different. Possibly caught in upper or lower xingu, but from what I see, they all look the same.

Fogo which is marianae has occellis on the flanks., like a xingu/orino hybrid.

ROSTY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2008
Taiwan

all the xingus from around the US all came from Michael in Germany, wild or F1., and distributed by myself and one other individual, and including the ones you see in Taiwan, and Phillipines. Which means they are all melaniae. xingu I,II,III is just some assignment people gave to the same fish, but various stages of the same fish which looks different. Possibly caught in upper or lower xingu, but from what I see, they all look the same.

Thanks a lot!! This question bothers me for a while. I really should come up this forum and consult you guys experts much earlier. So all Xingu I,II,III are melaniae actually. I am a big fish enthusiast from Taiwan and getting very interested in cichla recently. These are three fishes with different sizes ranged from 11~17cm. Hope some day we can see a fogo in the aquarium market.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains

Wes the first batch of xingu's that went around are from Michael B. in germany. SOme of the smaller xingu you see floating around came from pairs that are actually in the US. There are 2 active pairs that i know of....and a 3rd pair that DA Amazon Don sold that went to an unknown buyer. So all these newer xingu actually came from within the US :)

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Wes the first batch of xingu's that went around are from Michael B. in germany. SOme of the smaller xingu you see floating around came from pairs that are actually in the US. There are 2 active pairs that i know of....and a 3rd pair that DA Amazon Don sold that went to an unknown buyer. So all these newer xingu actually came from within the US :)

yes, I stand corrected, for the most recent batches, they came from domestic breeders. However with that being said, the lineage of the fish, all came from Michael's wild fish, from Brazil.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store