Blue Seal

dafishman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
WI
I have emailed the manufacturer, I will post results here. Although I'm expecting something along the lines of "Please do not use product other than for its intended use."

dafishman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
WI
According to the rep that I corresponded with via email, BlueSeal is neither designed for underwater use, nor approved for potable water applications. But I'm curious about another product now, called Ames BlueMax, which says it's usable for both potable water and ponds. Wondering how well it'll work to seal a plywood tank?

http://www.amesresearch.com/bluemax.htm

Check out their youtube videos on the above link. Especially the one where they fill a concrete block aboveground 'pond' with water. Looks promising!

Zari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Aurora,Colorado
Snoop around diy tanks, several tanks have been sealed with that. However it seams any little flexing can cause it to crack and leak otherwise its great.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Blue Max reps replied to me with the same thing you got from the Blue Seal people. They would neither deny nor confirm. That's why I ended up going with Permadri the US version of liquidrubber.ca (Zavlar, etc.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store