Jade Goby??....

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
i have a jade goby in with an xingu I and they are fine togather, lots of hiding places is good tho. they can get to a foot and i think oddball has a breeding pair. way cool at that size.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I have a male at 12+ and a female at 10+, the male never acted like he even saw the other fish in the tank untill I added the female.

The tank he is in has a lot of fish that would fit in his mouth but he has never bothered any of them.

I've heard that they can go brackish but mine are 2+ years old and they seem to be doing fine in fresh.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It's not that they "can" go brackish. They occur naturally in brackish waters (also fresh and full marine). You don't mention the type of pike you have. For the most part, pikes prefer soft acidic conditions while jade gobies (Dormitator maculatus) prefer hard alkaline conditions.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
I had my JAde in a 55 for a long time, until it reached 7inches and passed away. The fish was one of the most comical fish i had and def had a GREAT personality... mine always swam completely vertical is though it was upright like a human.. never and i mean NEVEr swam horizontal! lived with a JAg with no issues and an Aro. THey seem to like to have places to perch on, and they def like plants and rocky hideaways. Mine ate whatever it found, worms, befheart, pellets, flakes, fish, FISH FROM FEEDER STICK!! i will get another one, but no jade will ever compare to my "goober"

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I agree they are neat fish. Mine is in a 265 with 25 other big fish big and 10 smaller fish.

OddBall did you get a pair of them to spawn?

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
What has been the trigger?

Mine have only been together a couple of months but they have never spawmed

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I do temp matched water changes weekly on their tank. When the female goes heavy and changes to bright orange, I do a water change with cooler water. The male goes dark blue and spawning commences.

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
The funny thing is,my Goby is about 6 inches,he would chase an 8 inch Wolffish all over the tank,but i put in a 4 inch Oscar and he is scared to death of the Oscar??!!??He seems to get along fine with my Pike though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store