Stainless Steel Tank

Nerd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Singapore
Hi bros,

I was toying with the idea of having a stainless steel tank with viewing windows for a tank.

It is meant for my Birchirs, Arowana, PB and Juru

Do you think it is a good idea and is there any concerns or lessons on it?

thank you.

B_IN_SD

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sturgis S.D.
one of the members here that keeps asian aros has a stainless tank

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
i look at a steel frame 650gal. tank with viewing windows every day...I used mild grade steel with an epoxy emamel paint to protect the metal. Its been running two years and not any sign of rust. Theres pics in my personal gallery. My tank is lined with polypropelene, 45 mil epdm liner and uses a 3/4" acrylic for a 30" height. I dito that comment on a complety stainless aro tank. Its somewhere one here i had pics of it 2 yrs. ago.

Nerd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Singapore
i look at a steel frame 650gal. tank with viewing windows every day...I used mild grade steel with an epoxy emamel paint to protect the metal. Its been running two years and not any sign of rust. Theres pics in my personal gallery. My tank is lined with polypropelene, 45 mil epdm liner and uses a 3/4" acrylic for a 30" height. I dito that comment on a complety stainless aro tank. Its somewhere one here i had pics of it 2 yrs. ago.
is this the one u talking about?
Looks good!

View attachment 760110

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
nope that was my first 65 gal coffee table i built in college ha.... that ones all acrylic with a metalframe. idk if you can view all my pics? im terrible at uploading them ill try and get u some for refrence. The steel i used was 2.5" angle iron 1/8" thick. 1/8" or 3/16" would b ideal depending on ur tank size. i used 1/2" solid square stock spaced
8" all the way around the back and sides. Its a 9' long tank so i cut the window to 8ft. with 1/8"x4" steel strips.The supports bow a bit but its not going anywhere. My new tank uses 2"square stock tube. Its easier to work with but angle iron is cheaper.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store