Question on glass i found !!!!!!!!!

rebel86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
sioux falls sd
Hey everyone i jus got a few pieces of LARGE GLASS!!! They measure 33" x 118" x 1" thick. They are Insulated and Tempured. Can they be used on a plywood tank build????? If so i have a few extra for sale.

rebel86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
sioux falls sd
Ha never mind I got over excited n realized u cant use tempered glass but i was wondering if i used 2 sheets. I have 36 at this size, Will it work with 2? that would make it 2 inches thick...

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
umm last i knew you can used tempered glass the thickness is just for height the taller the tank is the thicker the glass needs to be but you could probably build a tank out of just the glass instead of using plywood

snowhnter

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2009
West Virginia, USA
Insulated glass? Meaning there are two panes of glass with a strip or swiggle separating them and probably argon gas filled? To be able to use on a tank 33" tall, each pane of glass would need to be pretty thick. From the sound of it, you probably have 1/4" panes and half gap. If so, I would not use this on a 33" tank. You can always split the panes and build shallow tank. As far a tempered goes, yeah you can use tempered glass on tanks. Lots of companies do it everyday, especially on the bottom panes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store