replacing aquarium trim

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
i found a 55 gallon in the trash that was in good condition but needs the trim replaced. i found a site called glass cages that sells it but i was thinking about maybe there's a cheaper site or another to build one. or possibly combining it with my 29 then reframing it completely but i was thinking and if i brace were the the tanks join together it will be uneven cause the legth of the tank will be 6.5'

lethalcustoms00

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
gillette, wy
Getting a new ring for the tank is your best bet. Glass cages, all glass, aqueon, or any lfs should be able to get you a new ring. I wouldn't try to splice those two tanks together though. That really sounds like a recipe for a leaky disaster

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

imusuallyuseless

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
San Antonio
I'd dismantle and use glass to build larger plywood tank, or just do trim.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Conecting the two tanks is a problem i've practiced doing it with 2 ten gallons and it works just fine .no leaks or bowing its been set up and holding water for 3 weeks now

Sent from my Comet using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpac716

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2011
Live Oak, Florida
Conecting the two tanks is a problem i've practiced doing it with 2 ten gallons and it works just fine .no leaks or bowing its been set up and holding water for 3 weeks now

Sent from my Comet using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Do you have any pictures of that I have a bunch of 10 gallon tanks laying around

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
its actually a friend at my jobs tank but ill try to get one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store