Figure 8 with green spotted

alex101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Cleveland Ohio
www.myspace.com
Ok so I'm just doing a final check on this subject. I wanted to get 2 figure 8's in my tank but NO ONE IN OR AROUND CLEVELAND HAS THEM!!! but I found one place that has a green spotted. I know that you need to stay species specific but I guess I'm just asking for ****s and giggles. Can a green spotted puffer and a figure 8 live together in 29 gallons or is that kind of a disaster waiting to happen. I'm kind of impatient and I really like the green spotted so I wouldnt mind getting one. But if its gonna be a bad idea I'll just wait a week for another figure 8

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Greenspots get about twice as big as figure 8s and need salt water as adults.

alex101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2006
Cleveland Ohio
www.myspace.com
Thank you for catering to my retardedness. I heard something about them needing salt as adults but I just wanted to make sure with a pro.;)

Fella

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2005
UK
RadleyMiller;598943; said:
Greenspots get about twice as big as figure 8s and need salt water as adults.
Just to clear up, they don't specifically "need" saltwater as adults, they require high brackish, but maintaining a tank with LR and a skimmer makes maintenance easier than keeping high backish in a lot of instances.

GSP's would need bigger than a 30 in the long run as well.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Yea, but the Figure 8 can't handle the high brackish, so it is best to stay with the Figure 8 and ghost shrimp set up you are going with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store