acylic tank with scratches + water = no scrathes?

Sizzlahr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
indianapolis
i have a 240 gallon tank that i got a "deal" on. It was loaded with scratches. I removed 90% of them with NOVUS acrylic kit. It seemed to help a lot , but there are still some scratches left. Before i dump a bunch of money into filter, gravel, lighting, ect. When you fill an acrylic tank... will it hide the scratches like a glass tank? ( i guess i could just fiill it myself and see, just wanted to see if anyone has run into this before)
thanks

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
I think it will hide most of them at least till algae grows in the scratches. Just fill it up some and see if you are happy with it thats what matters.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
Depending on whether the back was painted or overflows or anything, make sure to look at the long sides and see which looks better. Buddy of mine has an acrylic tank that he bought used with lots of scratches. Funny thing was he spent hours working on getting the scratches out when the back was basically scratch free. Since he is using a 3d background he could have saved lots of hours of work and just turned the tank 180 degrees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store