Large scale anaconda/fish enclosure

atticus22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2009
warwick
Hi guys, some of you may have seen the other thread I posted on this, was told this was the best place to ask further questions :D

rotunda 001.jpg

Basically in the not too distant future I am hoping to attempt to build something similar to this (I am thinking around 9/10ft long by 5/6ft high), however when it comes to large scale DIY projects I am unfortunately a complete novice (obviously when it comes to the actual construction I would enlist someone more knowledgable to help!) and so I was wondering if those of you with very large setups could advise me on what would be the best way to go about attempting to build this aquarium/enclosure?

I am particularly interested in what the best method of implementing the clear viewing panel in the front would be, regarding the joining/sealing to the concrete which would make up the land areas behind it, and also what the best material would be to use, e.g. acrylic, glass, in terms of cost and primarily strength. I've been told on another forum that these types of enclosures are generall one big glass tank with everything inside it, which I was rather sceptical about, I would have thought it was more of an 'indoor pond with acrylic/glass viewing panel sealed onto the front' type route?

Many thanks

Chris

rotunda 001.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store