I GIVE UP!!!-FEEDER FISH

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Everything was alright, before I got my Polypterus Ornatipinnis and Florida Gar, there was my cutie Climbing Perch. If the water's dirty, he would scratch a little but that's about it and he would be fine. And being a hardy fish that survives in bad water conditions like in drains and rivers, he wouldn't mind the water going dirty but swims around fine and feeds actively, but of course that doesn't mean I ignored water changing, I changed as usual, only sometimes when I got busy I was able to observe his hardiness. And it was funny to see when he seemed to like the dirty water that after the water changing he would try to jump out. But he doesn't have this behaviour anymore, especially when I change water more often for his tankmates. I can feed my Ornate anything else, so I don't have to worry about getting feeder fish until I got my Florida Gar who primarily feeds on live feeders.

This was the beginning of the presence of parasites which primarily bothered my Climbing Perch! recently ( I have mentioned in Fish & Disease forum ) my Climbing Perch was badly bothered by parasites, he behaved like he was messed up in the head, and it bothered him so much that he knocked his head and face against the tank and rocks desperately wanting to be free from the parasites...just broke my heart, and he ended up being bruised. After adding salt and increasing temperature, he slowly healed..although sometimes he still scratched a little..it showed me that he was slowly healing..

I had starved my Florida Gar for several days, and being hungry he did approach the pellets I was feeding my Climbing Perch earlier, he opened his jaws a little and as soon as he felt he couldn't aim at that little pellet, he ignored and I didn't see him approaching it again. I just baught feeder fish ( baby kois ) and now my Climbing Perch is badly bothered trashing about like he was, trying to jump out...appearing dark in colouration:cry: . He is still at the bottom, like in the picture below.:cry: Since my Gar seemed to approach the pellet, I went and baught big ones (pictures below ) and HE BETTER EAT IT!:irked: I wish he will:( ...if he does I can feed all of them pellets, mealworms, chunks of chicken / fish meat etc...is this ok? Or are live feeders a must? I wish this is my final feeders.

Cute Face.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store