How does a plywood tank work? Please read!!!

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Okay so I want to build a plywood tank and I want to know how does a plywood tank work? In terms of like the screws somehow holding thousands of pounds of pressure pushing on them, and how do the layers work such as I know its like aquarium epoxy but what is over the epoxy? I want to build a 193 gallon plywood tank that measures 60" long X 24" wide X 31" tall. Any advice?

-Andrew

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Research? Tons of build threads in the DIY forum. Check those out, get an understanding and then come back and ask specific questions :thumbsup:

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Research? Tons of build threads in the DIY forum. Check those out, get an understanding and then come back and ask specific questions :thumbsup:
This^^
I literally spent a month reading these builds on here.....loads of them here to choose from. Then probably spent another month planning before I started mine. I didn't bother posting till I was halfway done with my build when I became unsure of myself and the direction I was going. Lots of good people on here, just take the time to do some research and you'll be good, if anything does come up along your build I'm sure people will be more than willing to help!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store