Wetsuit availability?

Tyranie909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
NC
I am working on a 300 gallon plywood tank and am to the point of covering it with liquid rubber. I want to use wetsuit, but am having trouble locating where to get it from. I read the tread from back in 2010 where you could get it from Triton if you called in. Is there any other way to get this product now? I swear I thought I saw it available online one day and now I can't find the web page. I had sent Triton a message through their contact page on their web page. Hopefully I will hear back. Also did they ever stock the blue top coat and any idea on what color blue it ended up being?

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
http://www.neptunecoatingscorp.com/index.htm This is what came up when i tried to find it, apparantly they say they are the only manufacturer of the official wetsuit product that another "wetsuit" product is being sold but that is not the real version, I'm guessing you would just have to call them to order it as they say they sell direct, there are no distributors. Good luck with your build :)

Tyranie909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
NC
So I heard back from Triton. They no longer carry it. I will try direct, but I have a feeling they will want me to buy what more than what I need. Funny I see people suggesting this stuff all the time but never a place to buy it. Also any idea what type of pool paint is ok to use in a tank? Going to paint over the liquid rubber so its not brown.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
I would ask them what they recommend as a topcoat since you wouldn't want something that would just peel off in time. If they don't sell it in small quantities there are lots of other products available to seal a plywood tank :)

Tyranie909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
NC
Oh i know there are tons of ways to seal a tank. I wanted to try one that silicone would actually bond to for once. I have contacted them and am awaiting their response. I will pass on whatever information I get from them to everyone here as well.

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
I'm surprised they don't get back to you. They were pretty responsive when I got mine.

I got the pool paint from Home Depot online. Any old pool paint would do. (note the pool paint doesn't bond really well. If you scratch it it will come off. But if you leave it alone it will be fine)

If you need reinforcing cloth let me know. I have like 80% of the roll left and I probably will never use it up. I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping.

Tyranie909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
NC
They contacted me today and are setting up a conference call later today about their product. I will let you all know what they have to say. Should be interesting. I just hope they carry the blue top coat still.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store