question about sealing of a 120''L x 60''D x 40''H acrylic tank

Dr ehsan

Feeder Fish
Apr 28, 2012
UAE
Hi
I have two 140 gallon discus tank and want to build a 120''L x 60''D x 40''H acrylic tank.
but i'm not sure about sealing of acrylic sheets. i plan to use 2'' sheets for all side acrylic sheet. i want to know using only silicon glue is strong enough for such big tank or i must use aluminum or steel profile around edges?!
delacruz11.jpg
is it strong enough this type of glue joint for my tank size?!

delacruz11.jpg

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
The silicone wont bond to the acrylic good enough to hold. Acrylic tanks are usually bonded using weldon or something similar to fuse the joints together

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
As stated silicone is the completely wrong thing. id leave a build that size to the pros. its nice to have someone to blame when that thing pops.

Dr ehsan

Feeder Fish
Apr 28, 2012
UAE
The silicone wont bond to the acrylic good enough to hold. Acrylic tanks are usually bonded using weldon or something similar to fuse the joints together
which type of wooden join robrt?!
is it possible for you put a pichture from it or a link of other similar project?
really tanks

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
which type of wooden join robrt?!
is it possible for you put a pichture from it or a link of other similar project?
really tanks

which type of preparing is requierd tylor?!
"Weld-On", not "wooden". Weld-On is a brand of acrylic cement.

Honestly, for a project this size you should look for some professional help. Bonding acrylic sheets of that size is not terribly easy...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store