Picked up an Allenbatrachus grunniens (Grunting toadfish)

Chizzow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Vancouver
Its about 6 inches, currently hiding so pictures will be coming shortly.

So i already know they are brackish, however Im curious as to what salinity level people have had success with. Seems like quite a few people on the board have been unsuccesful with keeping such fish. Lets hear some success stories :popcorn:

Chizzow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Vancouver
heres a pic:

Joshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Essex, England
www.bbc.co.uk
I have never seen anyone actually own one! And likewise i have heard hardly anything on them! You should document your discoveries into an article/profile for this fish!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Awesome fish, don't see them all the time. Not sure on what salinity they do best in, but i know they can tollerate a very high salinity. I know that doesnt help but...

mike C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
Alberta, Canada
I own one my self and it is doing great so far with no salt at all. It has been a month and a half and it looks better now than when I bought it. I keep it well fed with platy's.

Picture 1433.jpg

Chizzow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Vancouver
mike C;628571; said:
I own one my self and it is doing great so far with no salt at all. It has been a month and a half and it looks better now than when I bought it. I keep it well fed with platy's.
have you had any luck feeding it frozen food!?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I had one for a little while. They are really picky eaters.

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
I have two of these. The larger one has been in total fresh for the last 15 months, the smaller one for the last 3½ months. The smaller one laid eggs last week, no idea if the other is a male or not though. Unfortunately I've had to be away from home for a while so the eggs have had to stay put where they are. No telling yet if they will have hatched when I get home. Fingers crossed.

Chizzow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Vancouver
Cichlas;639469; said:
I have two of these. The larger one has been in total fresh for the last 15 months, the smaller one for the last 3½ months. The smaller one laid eggs last week, no idea if the other is a male or not though. Unfortunately I've had to be away from home for a while so the eggs have had to stay put where they are. No telling yet if they will have hatched when I get home. Fingers crossed.
Can you provide more info such as temperature, ph, tank size, diet?

thanks and good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store