will my new black shark be a problm?

bjorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
new zealand
i pickd up a 9inch black shark today and just wondering he will be ok with my other fish?, the other are a 11inch aro , 14inch pacu , 15inch clown knife and a bunch of good size plecos

will he be a problem when he gets older? , i know they are agressive but he seems k at the moment

any thorts or imput would be cool thanks

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I hear that the Black Shark is the most mellow out of the "Shark" like fish...Sorry, I don't remeber the scientific name.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
I think they ca be pretty aggressive. i wouldn't worry about the pacu, they can hold their own with anything, but watch the plecos. sharks are most aggressive towards other bottom feeders.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
All personalities are different. My black shark (Morulius chrysophekadion) killed everything placed in with him. But, I've known others that have had success mixing these sharks with other fish in really BIGGGGG tanks. Mine was only in a 150gal until he reached 22". Then, I sold him when I transferred back to sea-duty.

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
My 23" black shark is pretty aggressive but not to the point of killing anything. I currently have her with various other sharks (mainly labeos), so far so good. I agree they do seem to have very individual personalities, you may get a relatively plcid one like mine, or a killing machine, the latter seems more common though.

IME, keep the temp in the tank as high as possible, this mellows mine quite a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store