Monster fish??

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
channa micropeltes if you cann get your hands on one!!

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
virgildonatifan;631834; said:
Tell me more about this channa micropeltes?
The juvies are sold as feeders in Asia ... and the adults are eaten! :D

***monster fish feeders***

***people feeders***

Here's a good article on them...

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
I hate to open up this can of worms (it's closed so hopefully this doesn't ignite any flames), but here is a discussion that may be what you are looking for...

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3419&highlight=meanest+fish

It all basically comes down to what you want in your fish. There are fish like p's that will be super vicious/aggressive during feeding but will just hide behind decor the rest of the time. Then there are fish like cichlids that will be super territorial and will attack anything that comes near their territory and are more interactive. Then there are fish like jardini aros that, once they hit a certain size, become very aggressive towards other tankmates. I have never really seen one that would try to attack a person through the glass like some cichlids though. Then there are fish that can live in a community but turn psycho at feeding time like pbass or hampala barbs.

I personally prefer the more interactive type aggressive fish. Even after keeping a shoal of piranha for some time, I prefer cichlids and other more interactive type fish (even though piranha are right at the top as far as entertainment during feeding time). I'd personally recommend dovii, aba aba, fahaka puffers, or like someone said, channa for bigger aggressive fish. If you have a smaller tank I highly recommend dwarf pikes, exodons, and dwarf puffers (best small single specimen tank candidates IMO).

I'm sure others will share their opinions too.

... btw, and I'm sure others will agree, what it comes down to is the personality of the individual fish. There can be super aggressive type fish that will handle communities and community fish that won't tolerate anyone near them. I've seen angelfish that try to kill everything in sight. You might even try going to your lfs and asking if there have been any trade ins that their owners took back because they were way too mean.

bichir addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Florida
Of course everything in asia is food no matter what it is. From snakes to coral, you can thank the asians for helping the extinction of certain sea dwelling animals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store