Labeo Calbasu ,Labeo Rohita

darwengray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
england
Hi anyone ever keep these two species,have some small ones growing up interested in anyone elses experiences.

Cheers GH

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
I have a Labeo calbasu. So far it has turned out to be on the more aggressive end of the scale for labeos. It was quite a bully when in a tank fo smaller fish, giving the labeo parvus some grief. However, now that it is in with the big sharks, it pretty much keeps itself to itself. That may well change as it piles on the inches. I opted not to go for a rohita as a 2 meter fish is too big even for my tastes.

darwengray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
england
Thanks for that how fast has yours grown? Mine were only about half an inch long when i got them.
The rohita were contaminents i picked out of around two hundred calbasu,i could always eat them i suppose ;-)

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
Any pics of yours? The reason I ask is that mine wasn't sold as a calbasu, but a coubie. Most labeos are difficult to ID when they are very small, at ½ an inch I would say it was nigh on impossible to positively ID an individual (unless they were captive bred of course). Growth rate seems average although I could probably grow him on faster if I upped the feeding regime. I've had mine since May 2006 and it was 1½ to 2 inches. It is now 6 or 7 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store