TAnk Conditions for Rhaphiodon vulpinus

FishCI2azy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Columbus, GA/Greenville, SC
I just got a wee Rhaphiodon vulpinus :) and I would like to know what would the tank conditions be for this little bugger.(PH, temp, etc.)
Also is Rhaphiodon vulpinus from South America? :confused:

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I keep mine around 80 degrees. PH ????? Under 8...lol I gave up on testing it.

I'm sure someone will correct me here and give you answers "by the book" but I'm just telling you from my experience. I don't measure PH. I used to but then I would just attempt to alter it. I have learned that constant PH is more important than rollercoaster PH that starts out perfect then ends up all over the map.....Dumping chemical after chemical in to try to maintain "proper" PH. I found it a waste of time and $ and fish.

I would give them as much room as possible since they tend to freak out and knock thier teeth out. I planted plants at both ends of the tank. And some floaters to keep light down. Once they were comfy the floaters were pulled. I don't know about the whole current thing....mine didn't seem to care for it.
I believe they are from SA.

Tankmates????????

I kept mine alone for a long time but could not get them off feeders. Until I added Nandus. They saw the Nandus eating krill of the top and eventually they caught on...one by one. I would definetly watch what you mix them with.....they are vulpinurable (vulnerable) LOL

FishCI2azy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Columbus, GA/Greenville, SC
Wow I thouht no one would respond. Thanx so much for your info on your personal experience. I am hoping to wean mine on to frozen, maybe Krill.

If anyone else has anything to add I would eb glad to hear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store