Looking for resident for 55gal

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
well was lookin at my boring tank and decided i need a new fish in my tank,,, looking for a Monster fish indeed = ],,, dont wanna mess wit cichlids all that much been there done that pretty much,,, cant get a hold of SH's, Wolffish, or arrowana's,,, looking for a fish that will grow to a good size 8inch-12inch,,, a fish that will own the tank = ] tried a fahaka wasnt successful even tho it was a perfect canidate lookinf for somthing of that nature for my 55gal was kinda leaning towards a barricuda i want somthing that will be very lively in the tank and a good predator,,, any input on advice,recommendations,or tank set-ups will be greatly appreciated thx

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS???? Well i could go with a nice cichlid but it would have to be a nice dominate one,,, maybe throw in a few catfish preferably pictus an raphael striped's but kinda wanna look into a barrucuda or a small shoal of them what do u guys think???? any info would be greatly appreciated

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
dont those needle nose fish (sometimes incorrectly sold as needle nosed gars) behave somwhat cuda-ish?some of those might be okay in a 55,Ive always wanted some but Im not to sure about them and havent got around to researching them.I think they get like 10 inches.

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
not really interested in a needle nose,,, ive seen em at the lfs they look pretty docile,,, i want somthing that will become a monster = ]

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Texas, Midas, Green Terror, Red Terro, Jaguar, Dempsey.. Dwarf Pike or Channa?

or

Get a bigger tank..

What happened to your fahaka? :(

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
OdiE-ThE-Fahaka;678199; said:
not really interested in a needle nose,,, ive seen em at the lfs they look pretty docile,,, i want somthing that will become a monster = ]
then Im not sure you want cudas,same thing pretty much only bigger.I dont think your looking for an "ambush predator" of any sort from the sounds of it.

Have you looked into bichirs?probably not quite what your looking for either,as far as personality.

ummmmm

Ill think of something.....

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
do u know how big dwarf greens get??? are they an aggressive fish///not shy?? would a red devil or orange pike be out of the picture?

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
i like bichirs but mainly im looking for anice show fish that would swim around the whole tank

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
well what happened to my fahaka,,, last summer i was out for a weekend and my little brother decides to put a turtle in the tank and the turtle sadly left a beaten,tail bitten, fahaka only to die the next day....R.I.P ODiE SEE YA IN THE AFTER-LIFE

JeffLeMay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Manchester, CT
i have a red devil currently in a 55, and it has done extremely well, about 10 inches now...i'll be upgrading soon, but depending on whether or not you get a male you could probably keep one in a 55 for a good while...though eventually you'll probably have to go a bit bigger...i think orange pikes get over a foot, so they're probably not a good bet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store