Marbled Goby!

fishingaddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
houston, texas
i just got a marbled goby but im having problems feeding it. the feeders i put in there never seem to get to the bottom fast enough before my pbass eat them.. what else can i feed it?? i tried market shrimp but its seems hes not interested? mayb because hes still new to the tank?

marbled goby.JPG

marbled goby (1).JPG

marbled goby (2).JPG

thanks.

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I had one a while back pretty cool fish, nice pickup. Mine would only eat feeders at first too but took shrimp after a while of starving it. Most likely it will give in just have to starve it for a bit and keep trying with the shrimp..make sure the shrimp falls to the bottom so they can eat it..GL.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
He's already a good size. I hope the pbass is at least the same size as the goby. My goby downed pretty much anything up to 2/3s his size.

baracuda nailed it. The goby will eat when it's hungry. Mine took crayfish all its life. You might try them with yours if the local bait shop carries them.

Good luck.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Mine took everything, live worms, fish (even catfish), bass, shrimps pellets, catfood, m+m's once. It tried to eat my fingers a couple times and once tried to eat the heater (swallowed most of it). Just let it settle in and get hungry. I would not trust it with the p-bass if they are close in size. A 10" one ate an 8" LMB.

Crooks76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
TX
When did you get that one???

Oxyeleotris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Scotland
Hi, I had the same trouble with mine for a while. When he did start feeding he only accepted chopped up king tiger prawns! (not a cheap diet!). Try putting the food in after turning the lights out at night. Your sleeper is better designed to feed in the dark than his tank mate. I never seen mine feed at first either, just noticed the food was gone in the morning. Now he's settled, it's a similar experience to the other Sleeper Keepers.......If it fits..it eats it!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Just don't be real suprised if one morning he has the tail of a p-bass hanging from his mouth.

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
guppy;699097; said:
Just don't be real suprised if one morning he has the tail of a p-bass hanging from his mouth.
yea keep an eye on him cuz mine ate a fish almost the same size as he was...a big goldfish intended for my tsn...didnt eat for 2 days after that..they can get it down..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store