barramundi and snakehead

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Im thinkin about making a 500 gallon tank and just stocking it with 2 MONSTER fish
my idea was to get a giant snakehead and a barramundi. I just have no clue if those two species could live together. if they were both around the same size would they bother eachother?

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
I dont know much about snakeheads as they are illegal here except that the only one big enough not to get eaten by an adult barra is a red snakehead which if it wasnt eaten by the barra would probably attempt to eat or kill the barramundi which arent as tough as cichlids or other sorta similar shaped fish so no probs not the best idea. Because its such a big tank you may get lucky if you have lots of stuff to break up the lines of sight in the tank but its pretty risky.

cornloh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2007
Singapore
mb_barton;696190; said:
Im thinkin about making a 500 gallon tank and just stocking it with 2 MONSTER fish
my idea was to get a giant snakehead and a barramundi. I just have no clue if those two species could live together. if they were both around the same size would they bother eachother?
The Snakehead will chew up the Barra. Its that ferocious, and powerful too. The Barra wouldn't stand a chance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store