Pink tail characins beating they hell out of eachother.

adamstv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2006
costa mesa
I grabbed a pink tail characin to make my Pbass be less shy in his growout and i noticed that the pbass was being alot more social but the characin wasnt eating chewing on rosy reds like he was in the lfs with his huge school.(they would grab it and rip it like pirhanas) So i went back and bought 2 more because i heard 3 is a good number for schooling fish not 2.

Well now the one i had first is beating the ***** out of the new ones which are way bigger then the first one. What he does is chase them then dart at them and if they try to school with him he wacks them in the head with his tail.

Should i get rid of the two, or the one, or rearrange the tank or just wait it out. I need advice, and why is this happening. THANK GOD hes not doing this to the pbass. Oh and btw my baby pbass jumped out yesterday, thank god i heard him i snatched his ass up quick.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
probably because unless you have a massive tank, they dont do particularly well together. Need a lot of room and 6+ individuals usually. Otherwise stock them singly.

adamstv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2006
costa mesa
hmmm then i should get rid of the two that a pussies probably and wont eat pellets

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Yep need lots of room.. and they tend to munch on each other. Told you that in your other thread.

IMO not a good pbass tank mate but oh well.

adamstv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2006
costa mesa
Havent seen any agression towards the pbass at all but at first sign.... THEIR OUT!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store