food

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
puppies and kittens, shaved bare then ground up live in a compost machine and served raw in hearty bite-sized chunks. Keeps the taste fresh and you just can't argue with the nutritional benefits.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
depends what kind of saltwater fish... carnivorous or herbi?
as with all fish.. sw or fw , variety is key.. if its carni i would buy
frozen krill or squid cubes.. there are high quality pellets to supplement the diet too.

If its herbivorous, frozen kelp or other seaweed food are good and there are pellets
that are high in fiber too...

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
there are many types of food out there (i like p45's choice sounds tasty) i perfer formula 2 from ocean nutrition i have a very large tank and all of my fish love it
even the larger angels ...(most of my angels are 7 inchs and up... it's formula 2 pellet not the flake. i make it a habit of feeding all my fish 2 to 3 times a day, the last feeding is frozen food... but i add garlic to their food every time " a natural immune system booster" never had any problems or ick out breaks " and i have 8 tangs in there!!!! :22_yikes:

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
If you are meaning what to feed 'monsters', I kept my Moray eel on a strict diet of everything. Once it is in their mouth, they don't spit it back out. AVOID AT ALL COSTS FEEDING GOLDFISH. I lost my 10" angler feeding goldfish, and my lionfish used to get all whitish and less active after eating a couple. Didn't happen when feeding them saltwater frozen (thawed, of course) fish.

For monsters (if you want to include Triggers, Groupers, Eels, Puffers, Anglers) go to your local supermarket, and you will find frozen sticklebacks, anchovies, squid, octopus, clams, etc.,..

Try it out. I recommend adding some pellets to the mix. You will find your fish growing a bit better and showing better colors with the addition of some pellets (even if you have to stuff them inside the fish you are giving).

Anglers - get them off feeders ASAP. Get yourself a thin feeding stick, and just push the meat around in the water for them, they will bite :)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
If you live near coast you can try those little shiner perch, they need cold water and are annuals so they don't carry many warm water parasites, work good for fw predators to . Don't have that high fat content of goldfish either. I love cheap fish and don't mind losing a few so all you people who have # invested might want to bear that in mind.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store