Predatory fish list (freshwater)

ronnie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2005
ei guys, i do not have the slightest idea about predatory fish but can you give a list of freshwater predators which i can put in an aquarium??

tnx guys

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
dats, arowana, stingrays, FW barracudas, snakeheads, wolf fish. tha list goes on and on

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Are you interested in species that get very large, small, are solitary, or group fish, active, logs, interactive, or species only? Give us more information first, then we can be a little more specific.

Aussienative

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Australia
ronnie;713404; said:
ei guys, i do not have the slightest idea about predatory fish but can you give a list of freshwater predators which i can put in an aquarium??

tnx guys
You've been a member of this site for almost 2 years with over 200 post and you have no idea about what preds you can keep in an aquarium? :confused:

ronnie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2005
Aussienative;713443; said:
You've been a member of this site for almost 2 years with over 200 post and you have no idea about what preds you can keep in an aquarium? :confused:
it does not mean that everyday i am reading every information in this web site.

duh.

ronnie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2005
WyldFya;713433; said:
Are you interested in species that get very large, small, are solitary, or group fish, active, logs, interactive, or species only? Give us more information first, then we can be a little more specific.
tnx .

how bout predatory fish which is in a group?

by the way, can you give each a list?

large

small

solitary

group

active

interactive

by species

if you guys can provide this much info, can we pin this as referrence?

neonmadness

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
earth
how about giving us your tank size?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
predatory is quite broad. other than scavengers, biofilm and herbivorous fish they're pretty much all predatory to any extent

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Go up and down the board. There are hundreds of species that we keep. All of them are killers. I saw a platy take down a mosquito in one of my tanks. They are all predators, except for my stupid manatees. They just eat lettuce. LOL

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Over 90% of the over 25,000 species of fish known to man are predators and the ones that aren't often won't pass up live food. Even my betta will eat baby fish if I give them to him. You need to be more specific and you need to tell us your tank size. What kind of fish do you like?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store