bettas?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
well today my friends bought three male bettas expecting them to fight

well i told them not to they will kill each other in no time

well its been like 14 hours since we got them and nuthing has happned:WHOA:

so i just thought i would like to say that bettas reputation is wayyy over rated!!

unless i just got non aggressive ones:D

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
First of all - not a very cool endeavor, one that won't be looked upon lightly here.

Second, to get back to your question - Today's "betta" in your typical LFS are pretty far removed from the true fighting stock from Asia. Their stamina is very low, the most you can expect, in simplest terms, is a bunch of ragged fins, or death from stress induced disease / wounds.

Once again - this isn't cool.

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Bettas are all grouped together at the pet stores so that the "flare up" and look brighter/ bigger/ prettier , and so are a bit desensitized.

You should take them all back to the store as you obviously have no respect for fish to just buy them to watch them fight.

If you wanted to see them get mad just put a picture beside them and they flare up and dance.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
i know man i am tottaly against it

thats is why i took them out and they are now in each one of thhere own ten gallon tanks and two of them will be going back to the petstore

so before you all accuse me of animal cruelty i would like to point out that i was and still am totaly agains this

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Your afterthought sounds ideal - and I'm glad you're returning two, and keeping one in a 10 gallon tank. That's more like it. Glad you are against it also!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Bsixxx;716377; said:
i know man i am tottaly against it

thats is why i took them out and they are now in each one of thhere own ten gallon tanks and two of them will be going back to the petstore

so before you all accuse me of animal cruelty i would like to point out that i was and still am totaly agains this
Nice save slick :grinno: :popcorn: I get the feeling this thread isn't done.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
i am wayy against it

and i am keeping the best looking one so ya none of them were even fighting

but still they put them in my grow out tank wich has a albino tiger oscar,two jaguare cichlids,and a tire track eel. all occupents are under 3 inches except the eel

but ya the only problem was the jags chasing them so i took them out and put them in there own tenn gallon tanks:]

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
That guy definitely is right... this thread isn't done... by far... Jags? Oscars... with Bettas... No wonder there was no fighting amongst the bettas. They were praying for their lives, one to each corner :ROFL:

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
nope actuallty

they were swiming with them

kinda like they were schooling or something

IDK

but i took them out just in case

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
A second ago you were saying a jag was chasing them... now they were schooling?

Anyone else wanna get their feet wet here? ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store